Our prime objectives are:
- To provide an alternative and profitable cropping option for growers by facilitating the development of an industrial hemp industry in Victoria.
- To establish, administer and develop State and national lobby groups for interface with government agencies.
- To facilitate knowledge exchange and information dissemination.
- To form a foundation and ongoing commitment for a national Australian hemp association.
- To represent industry interests in matters of quarantine, legislation and other grower, producer and end user issues, providing a strong industry voice.
- To promote a firm stance against genetic modification of hemp crops.
- To increase public awareness of the uses and benefits of industrial hemp-based sustainable products.
- To foster a national objective of developing an environmentally and economically sustainable industrial hemp industry, creating markets and healthy competition.
- To support the development of new employment opportunities.